Kisan Ko Poko is currently featuring Mustang Apple Juice for sale!
Our Apple Juice is made using fresh apples grown on the picaresque apple orchards of Marpha, Mustang in far western Nepal. Along with Apple Juice Kisan Ko Poko also carries a range of other Mustang apple products including; apple cider vinegar, sundried apples and homemade apple candy. Taste these Mustang apple products for yourself and you’ll understand why they are so famous throughout Nepal.
Some inspiration for how to use your Mustang Apple Juice
Homemade Apple Cider picture and recipe taken from www.lifeispoppin.com.
Homemade Apple Cider Recipe
1 bottle (750 ml)- Mustang Apple Juice from Kisan Ko Poko
2 tablespoons – sugar
1/2 teaspoon – ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon – ground cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon – fresh minced ginger
1/2 an orange, cut into wedges
*The spices in this recipe are to taste, feel free to alter measurements to your personal preference
- Add all ingredients to a pot on the stove.
- Bring mixture to a light boil, then reduce down to a simmer.
- Simmer the mixture on low heat for 1 hour.
- Remove the orange slices just prior to serving.
- Serve into mugs and enjoy!
Leftover apple cider can be stored in the fridge and reheated the next day.
This picture and recipe were taken from www.lifeispoppin.com.
Apple Juice Chicken picture and recipe taken from www.oatmealwithafork.com.
Apple Juice Chicken Recipe
1 and 1/2 cups – Mustang Apple Juice from Kisan Ko Poko
1/2 kg – chicken thighs
Salt and pepper to taste
- Add apple juice to a deep pan on the stove and bring to a low boil.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to pot.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cover pot, cook for 15 minutes.
- Flip chicken, partially cover and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Continue to flip chicken and cook uncovered for another 10-20 minutes.
- Cook until apple juice has thickened to the consistency of honey and chicken is cooked through. Watch pot closely at this stage as it can burn quickly.
- Remove pot from heat and serve. This dish would go well with a side of rice and cooked vegetables.
This picture and recipe were taken from www.oatmealwithafork.com.
Some Health Facts About Apple Juice
Apple juice is rich in both vitamin A and C, not to mention its delicious! Vitamin A is known to contribute to improved vision and vitamin C helps strengthen our immune systems, which is currently needed as we face chilly mornings and evenings in the Kathmandu Valley. Apple juice is also a source of fibre which works to flush toxins our of our digestive tracks to help us healthy. Did you know- the residual cloudiness/foam present in fresh pressed apple juice actually means it is packed with healthy antioxidants, which also contribute to improving our overall health. So don’t filter it off, use it and enjoy the added health boost it provides!
Thank you for reading and comment below on some of your favorite ways to use our Mustang Apple Juice.